SAHM Diaries (2)

It`s been a difficult two days. Before I moved to England I sorely underestimated the destruction a flu virus could cause. Having been here for nearly 4 years, I can attest to its deadliness.

The entire household has taken turns to go down like a pack of dominoes, one by one. Now it was my turn. I dont drink, but I imagine this is what a hangover must feel like - every stimulus an assault to the senses; the world spinning every time you stand; the feeling that your ribs have fractured simply from the force of throwing up.

To add salt to the wound, its the children`s Christmas Break from school. So naturally they want to climb all over my exhausted body and yap incessantly about how nothing fun ever happens in our house.

To say I was a terrible mom these past 48 hours would be an understatement. I was the rudest, most disconnected, rubbishest Mom a child could have. After a tumultuous bedtime routine and an extra helping of tears and wrath, while I sat in the dark beside my younger one, I decided it was time to make amends.
Turns out, all I had to do was say sorry.

Oh the outpouring of forgiveness and love that was lavished upon me! It was the most soothing balm to my tired soul. I was left, quite literally, in tears - in awe of these tiny humans with humongous, ginormous hearts, and their ability to teach us The Great Lessons of Life, if only we would listen.

Comments

Popular Posts