Who Cares?

Reading my diary entries from a few years ago, I see that every third entry sags with the pain of a 20 something asking her diary the same question over and over - who cares?

If only we didnt feel so alone, so isolated from others. If only we felt that for a moment, just for one moment, someone understood; truly 'got it'. If only we could share each other's burdens, just a little bit.

From this moment on, I pledge to care. Every time your heart cries out, 'Who cares?', mine will say 'I do! I care!'. Because you matter. Your life matters. Your feelings matter. And somebody always cares.

So to everyone reading this: you are not alone in your darkness. There's a whole bunch of us here. Reach out. Talk to your confidantes. Call your friends. Message a random stranger if that helps. My inbox is always open.

You matter.
You matter.
You matter.

You will always matter.

[26th December 2018]

Comments

Popular Posts