Motherhood Lessons, Year 5

Your kids love you.


It appears that in spite of my numerous failings as a mother, my children continue to love me. I have no idea why. I'm pretty sure I don't deserve that kind of unconditional, no-holds-barred kind of loving, but they seem to have a different idea. Mixed in with the regular doses of 'You're SO mean!!' and 'I'm SO unlucky (because I won't let her eat chocolates for lunch)', there is a fair amount of 'I love you's and 'You're the best!'. Sure, there are also some questionable ones like 'My lovely huge Mommy!', but hey , its all said in the name of love. 


Don't Google everything.

A few days ago my 3 year old passed some, shall we say, extraordinarily coloured excrement. Ahem. 
After the initial panic died down, I did NOT Google what it could mean. Instead I did the next most reasonable thing a seasoned mother of two could do - immediately text the doctor in the family because what is the point of them spending half their lives in med school IF YOU CAN'T EVEN MESSAGE THEM AT DINNER TIME ABOUT YOUR CHILD'S POO????
And then I compulsively checked my phone until my lovely sister in law replied. No biggie.


[25th December 2018]

Comments

Popular Posts